8.26.2011

Save the Travel Book Shop in London

I am not sure you are familiar with London, it's stunnig views and little secrets. But I do feel I need to write about this and do something.

There's a small bookshop in Notting Hill, London (UK), the Travel Bookshop , which is about to close down unless someone buys it. They have had problems for the past few years and have been looking for a buyer since May. Nothing happened. But it's worth talking about it and try to do something for a number of reasons. I should be 'professional' about it, write a list of reasons why it has to be saved. Truth is, I am getting way too emotional about it.

I used to live not far from there. And I used to walk to Portobello a few times a week. I spent a few good hours in the bookshop. It is a fantastic place, full of love for books and nice people. I went there the first time because the movie 'Notting Hill' (starring Julia Roberts) was partly shot there. But it was obvious, from the very first time, that the place was special itself.

Please save the Travel Bookshop!

No comments:

Post a Comment