7.16.2011

A new start

Hello everyone,

welcome back to my blog. It used to be up (and running although not very often) a few years ago but then grandpa fell ill and I simply no longer had time for anything other than taking care of him. I so much wanted him to recover that I completely forgot about myself. Would I do it again? Yes! Because after a year he's now 'okay' and today it's his 92nd birthday (celebrate!;-)

Last year he was in intensive care and there was no real celebration but we're here now and it feels like we've been blessed.

However, I still have problems sleeping and relaxing (I somehow become a very anxious person which is not in my nature, not to this level). Therefore, a friend of mine bought me a book by Marianne Williamson: A course in weight loss. She says it helped her a lot accepting some of the losses in her life and giving up smoking (which we were all so worried about) because the book is not (only) about letting kilos go (apparently using the verb "to lose" is a mistake). It is also, and more importantly, about letting go of all the problems life throws at you. In fact, every single time something bad happens you tend to add weight to extra protect yourself. Is it really so? I am not sure this book can help (me) relax, but I feel like I need to get my life back on track and I feel this might be a good way to start. Therefore, I decided to get back to my blog and see what happens.

The idea is to write about lessons in the book (21. But my friend said it took her a long time to really understand the whole thing so she read it all in one go and then step by step, a couple of pages a week, which is what she suggested me to do), books I read and news about the book world I so much love. I hope you will join me on this emotional journey;-)

The first news I am going to mention is J.K. Rowling's new website. It's about Harry Potter.

I haven't seen the website yet but I did watch the last movie in the series. I think they did a brilliant job.

No comments:

Post a Comment