1.19.2010

Save the Words (in English)

A recent survey pointed out that we are losing a number of languages/dialects every year. That is shocking, and quite upsetting, especially considering how important languages are. For example, they represent our history and culture.

Which languages are to be saved? Them all, I should say and think, but I do know that unfortunately it is not going to happen. Not that easily at
least. However, I confess I always thought English was not one of them.

Still, I just found a website trying to save words...in English (and English only. Would love to know if there are similar websites in other languages) and I thought you might want to have a look so here's the link

Also, you might want to look at a website which comes quite handy if you want to know "the structure of language". For example, how to use a word properly:here.

I guess the best way to end this is...save the words and you will save yourself too (was that silly?;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment